This species has multiple 5- to 7-foot-tall, tapering spikes of pinkish-lavender flowers from summer to fall. They look like elegant, living candelabras and add a vertical accent to the back of a mixed border or wild garden.
CareProvide moist, well-drained soil in part shade to full sun. Plants may need staking.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall.
ProblemsDowny mildew, powdery mildew, leaf spot.
- Genus : Veronicastrum
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest