This woodland plant is valued for its flowers and heart-shaped, groundcovering leaves. ‘Langtrees’ can take dry summers and wet winters. This cultivar is prized for its improved tolerance of heat and sun.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDistinct, silver markings skirt the edges of the leaves. Rich blue flowers hover over the plant in spring.
CareSite in moist soil that is rich and moderately fertile.
PropagationSow seeds in containers in spring. Divide in winter.
ProblemsNone serious, but watch out for too much sun or hot sites.
- Genus : Brunnera
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest