This choice corydalis produces fragrant clusters of periwinkle-blue flowers and ferny foliage infused with purple hues. It is similar to ‘Blue Panda,’ yet is slower to spread and blooms more reliably during the summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsIt blooms in the spring, may go dormant with the onset of summer's heat, and then sprout again in autumn. Purple-tinged foliage.
CarePrefers partial shade and moderately fertile, well-drained soil.
PropagationSow seed when fresh; germination may be erratic. Divide in fall.
ProblemsDowny mildew, rust, aphids, slugs, snails; spider mites indoors.
- Genus : Corydalis
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Light : Partial Shade
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest