‘King of Hearts’ has bright rose-pink, heart-shaped flowers in clusters over blue-green parsley-like foliage. It offers the garden a long blooming season, plump flowers, and rich colors.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsFoliage may aggravate skin allergies. Plants are intolerant of heat and will become semi-dormant.
CareDislikes competition, so plant in front of a border or alone in a woodland setting in humusy, slightly acidic, moist soil. For the best flowering, plant it in full sun to partial shade. Flowers wane if soil dries out.
PropagationSow seeds in containers in spring. Divide plants in spring.
ProblemsSlugs and snails can attack new foliage. Powdery mildew, rust, fungal leaf spot, and verticillium wilt.
- Genus : Dicentra
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Containers, Shade
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest