Thick rhizomes and stout, sprawling stems guarantee this hardy geranium survivor status. It forms dense mats of foliage in no time, making a perfect large-scale groundcover. The foliage is aromatic, particularly when touched, and transforms to red in fall. The magenta-pink flowers are conspicuously veined. ‘Bevan’s Variety’ grows to slightly more than a foot tall with indefinite spread.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis groundcovering geranium has attractive foliage and flowers and is very hardy.
CareGrow in full sun to partial shade and most any well-drained soil. Unlike other geraniums, there is no need to shear back plants after flowering; simply remove the flowering stems.
- Genus : Geranium
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Characteristics : Fragrant Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest