Deep blue, delicate spires to 16 inches tall appear late spring and early summer above thick, sturdy leaves.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsNative to Alberta, Canada.
CareGrow in fertile, well-drained soil.
PropagationTake softwood cuttings in early summer or semi-ripe cuttings in midsummer. Divide in spring.
ProblemsPowdery mildew, rust, leaf spots, and Southern blight. Slugs and snails may damage young plants.
- Genus : Penstemon
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Bloom Time : Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest