Here’s a great full-sun combo designed by my friend Rebecca Batchie for a garden in South Kent, Connecticut. I love how it’s a subtle and cohesive mix of white/cream and purple. Here are the plants it includes:
1. Big Sky(TM) Sunrise coneflower (Echinacea ‘Sunrise’, Zones 4-9)
2. ‘Fuji Blue’ balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflorus ‘Fuji Blue’, Zones 4-9)
3. ‘Fuji White’ balloon flower (Platycodon grandiflorus ‘Fuji White’, Zones 4-9)
4. ‘Provence’ lavender (Lavandula X intermedia ‘Provence’, Zones 5-8)
5. Purple broom (Chamaecytissus purpureus, Zones 6-9)
6. ‘Golden Sword’ yucca (Yucca filamentosa ‘Golden Sword’, Zones 4-11)
7. ‘Amethyst’ browallia (Browallia americana ‘Amethyst’, annual)
Welcome to the Fine Gardening GARDEN PHOTO OF THE DAY blog! Every weekday we post a new photo of a great garden, a spectacular plant, a stunning plant combination, or any number of other subjects. Think of it as your morning jolt of green.
READER PHOTOS: We love featuring your photos, too. If you think you have a photo that we should share on the Garden Photo of the day, email us. Send hi-res images if possible. We’ll only respond if we plan to use your photo.