Tall bearded iris tolerates dappled shade, but full sun promotes maximum flowering of deep red blooms. Spring or fall is the time to deadhead and cut the foliage back. This perennial makes a wonderful backdrop to spring bulbs. ‘Rip City’ is just one of hundreds of cultivars of tall bearded iris.
CareTall bearded iris thrives in well-drained soils of medium moisture. Thin then before they become overcrowded, and give them as much sun as possible.
ProblemsWash your hands after working with the plant as its tissue can cause severe irritation if ingested.
- Genus : Iris
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Bulbs
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Flower Color : Red
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest