This dramatic architectural plant is one of the most beautiful variegated yuccas on the market. Its sword-shaped leaves bear bold central stripes of bright canary-yellow against a rich celadon edge. In cool weather, margins are tinged pink, and the entire yellow stripe turns rose-colored on many of the leaves, lasting through early spring. Plants grow to 2 feet wide and nearly as tall. Branched clusters of nodding, creamy-white bells open in mid-summer on stout stems that reach 6 feet tall.
CareProvide rich, evenly moist soil in full sun to part shade for best growth. However, plants are widely adaptable to different light, soil, and moisture conditions.
PropagationRemove rooted suckers in spring. Take root cuttings in winter.
ProblemsCane borers, scale insects, and fungal leaf spots.
- Genus : Yucca
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Growth Rate : Slow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White