This is an erect shrub with lustrous dark green leaves that turn scarlet in autumn. It produces numerous white flowers tinged with pink, and abundant showy red berries that persist into winter (birds dislike the taste).
CareTolerates both wet and dry soil. Easy to grow.
PropagationRoot softwood cuttings in summer.
ProblemsLeaf spot and rust are common.
- Genus : Aronia
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Bloom Time : Spring
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest