This double-flowered daylily has robust red blooms edged in gold. It is a heavy bloomer and will rebloom in late summer.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDouble flowers of red with a gold edge.
CareOnce established, daylilies need little care. Spent flower stalks can be removed at the base. Foliage can be cut back once it goes dormant (turns brown) in autumn.
PropagationDaylilies are easy to lift and divide. Simply pull the clumps apart and replant any section with leaves and roots. Fall and spring are the best times to do this.
ProblemsDaylily rust is a disease to watch out for. Deer may find the flowers tasty.
- Genus : Hemerocallis
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Color, Dry areas, Front Yard, Sun
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Foliage Color : Green
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Red
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest