Anyone who has grown beautybush knows that it puts on a spectacular pink flower display in late spring and then it goes incognito the rest of the year. This new beautybush, however, commonly known as Dream Catcher™, dazzles the eye with unforgettable, golden yellow foliage that turns to a striking golden orange in fall.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThree seasons of interest.
CareProvide full sun or, preferably, filtered sun and average, well-drained soil. Prune just after blooming.
- Genus : Kolkwitzia
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Uses : Containers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Flower Color : Pink
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Fall Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.