Like the popular ‘Henry’s Garnet’ Virginia sweetspire , Little Henry® has mildly fragrant white blooms in summer and red to orange leaf color in fall, but grows to just 2 to 3 feet tall and 3 feet wide. Use it in massed plantings, mixed borders, and containers. -Plants to know and grow, Fine Gardening issue #121
Noteworthy CharacteristicsCompact shape; showy bottlebrush flowers; nice fall color.
CareProvide full sun to full shade and moist to wet, slightly acidic soil.
PropagationStart new plants from greenwood cuttings in spring or semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsGenerally trouble free.
- Genus : Itea
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Fall Foliage
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : White