Yellow blooms resembling orchids and large, glossy leaves makes ‘Jungle Gold’ an interesting addition to containers, where it will bloom more profusely than if it were in the ground. It performs well in shade.
CareProvide partial shade and humusy, moist but well-drained soil in a sheltered location.
PropagationStart seed in early spring.
ProblemsCaterpillars, gray mold, impatiens necrotic spot virus, fungal leaf spots, stem rot, Verticillium wilt.
- Genus : Impatiens
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Uses : Containers
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Light : Partial Shade to Full Shade
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow