Introduced in 1940, ‘Dauntless’ grows to 4 feet tall and has pale pink flowers with deep pink/red throats.
CareFull sun to part shade in fertile, well-drained soil. Treat as annuals, or dig up and store 6 weeks after bloom (dip in fungicide and allow to dry for a few weeks).
PropagationSow seed at 59°F in spring. Separate cormlets when dormant.
ProblemsGladiolus corm rot (Fusarium), gray mold (Botrytis), viruses, aster yellows, spider mites, thrips, and aphids.
- Genus : Gladiolus
- Zones : 10, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest