This bushy perennial has oval, deep green leaves on branched stems. In summer, blooms appear: fragrant red, pink, magenta, yellow or white flowers with a delicate, faded-vanilla aroma. Flowers open in late afternoon and die by morning.
CareGrow in moderately fertile, well-drained soil. Protect with a mulch or lift tubers in winter where marginally hardy. Protect from excessive winter moisture.
PropagationDivide tubers in spring.
ProblemsWhite rust, brown rust, and leaf spot.
- Genus : Mirabilis
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 11
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red, White, Yellow
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest