This clump-forming perennial bears striking, sunflower-like yellow blooms on long stalks from midsummer to early autumn.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLong-lasting cut flower. Use in the back of the border or in wildflower or cutting gardens.
CareDeadhead to prolong bloom. Site in full sun or part shade and moist, well-drained soil. Can be cut back by half in early June to prevent them from flopping. Divide every 2 to 3 years to maintain vigor.
PropagationStart from seed, divide plants in spring or autumn, or root basal cuttings in spring.
ProblemsProne to powdery mildew and rust.
- Genus : Heliopsis
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Fall, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Self Seeds
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow