This new dahlia has gorgeous, bright yellow blooms that pop against its rich, dark purple (nearly black) foliage. ‘Mystic Illusion’ is well branched and makes a strong statement in beds, borders, and containers.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsVery dark foliage
CareGrow in full sun to partial shade and rich, moist soil. If overwintering indoors, lift tubers after the first frost and let dry before storing in a cool location in damp peat.
PropagationDivide tubers in spring.
ProblemsAphids, caterpillars, leafhoppers, viruses, crown gall, root rot, wilts, powdery mildew
- Genus : Dahlia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 7, 8, 9
- Foliage Color : Black
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow