This bold, strong-growing, woody-based perennial hibiscus has erect stems reaching up to 8 feet tall with 8-inch-wide, funnel-shaped flowers with spreading petals in shades of pink, white, or crimson.
CareGrow in moist but well-drained, humus-rich, neutral to alkaline soil. Needs long, hot summers to flower well.
PropagationDivide in spring. Root greenwood cuttings of shrubs in late spring, or semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsRust, fungal leaf spots, bacterial blight, Verticillium wilt, viruses, and stem and root rots. Whiteflies, aphids, mealybugs, scale insects, mites, Japanese beetles, and caterpillars.
- Genus : Hibiscus
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Light : Full Sun
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red, White
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest