This plant’s large, undulating leaves are textured like puckered crepe paper. Moreover, they resemble designer textiles with splendid splashes of cream and dark green. This has to be the queen of variegated plants.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSpreads to form a colony 3 feet by 3 feet wide, but not larger. May take plant two to three years to develop its full variegation potential.
PropagationDivide or take root cuttings in winter.
ProblemsPowdery and downy mildew, leaf spot. Root rot, clubroot, black rot and turnip mosaic possible.
- Genus : Armoracia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White