This woody plant features dense clumps of finely dissectied, silver-gray leaves.
Care'Powis Castle' grows best in dry to medium moisture, very well-drained soil in full sun. Flowers are not spectacular and are best cut off to keep the foliage at its best.
PropagationSow seed in containers in spring or autumn. Root greenwood cuttings of side shoots in summer.
ProblemsWhite rust, downy mildew, powdery mildew, and a variety of leaf and stem fungal diseases are common.
- Genus : Artemisia
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant
- Uses : Dry areas, Foliage, Foundation Plantings, Front Yard, Sun
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Flower Color : Yellow
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.