‘Brigadoon’ is a new St. John’s wort with brilliant chartreuse-yellow foliage that looks great next to dark-foliaged plants. It grows 12 to 16 inches tall and spreads quickly to about 2 feet wide, making it an excellent groundcover when planted in groups. In the sun, the small, oval leaves turn a dazzling orange-gold. The fuzzy, rather inconspicuous yellow flowers appear in midsummer. ‘Brigadoon’ tolerates heat, most any type of well-drained soil, and shade.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsBrilliant golden foliage; compact habit; shade-tolerant.
CareGrow in full sun or part shade and just about any soil that isn't too wet. Prune the old wood in late winter.
- Genus : Hypericum
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Bloom Time : Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow