Spring has always inspired. For artists, writers, poets, and even comedians; spring is the harbinger of hope. It offers relief from the barren and, often, challenging winter. It is the season of birth for the animals and plants- life is renewed as ice melts, the ground softens, and seeds take root. We, obviously, can’t wait to welcome the warmth of spring back. To celebrate the beauty of the season and the flowers returning, here are ten of our favorite spring quotes.
1. Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’ —Robin Williams
2. I love spring anywhere, but if I could choose, I would always greet it in a garden. – Ruth Stout
3. Spring: the music of open windows. – Terri Guillemets
4. Spring has returned. The earth is like a child that knows poems. – Rainer Maria Rilke
5. The earth laughs in flowers. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
6. In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt. – Margaret Atwood
7. There is that in the glance of a flower which may at times control the greatest of creation’s braggart lords. – John Muir
8. People from a planet without flowers would think we must be mad with joy the whole time to have such things about us. – Iris Murdoch
9. I’d rather have roses on my table than diamonds on my neck. – Emma Goldman
10. Loveliest of lovely things are they on earth that soonest pass away. The rose that lives its little hour is prized beyond the sculptured flower. – William C. Bryant
Get our latest tips, how-to articles, and instructional videos sent to your inbox.