Fall is the time to plant spring bulbs, but it is a back breaking chore. With full days and schedules, anything that makes planting bulbs easier is more than welcome! Learn how to easily dig and plant bulbs in this video from Fine Gardening. You’ll learn a simple trick for getting your bulbs to the right depth and in straight rows that will make your spring show all the more enjoyable.
To learn more about planting bulbs, and for design ideas, you can check out these articles and videos:
How to Easily Plant Bulbs
See this secret for planting bulbs easily and efficiently.
- Your spring bulbs selections
- A pitchfork
- Extra soil
- Work the pitchfork into the soil in the area you want to plant your bulbs.
- Make sure your pitchfork reaches the depth that your bulbs need to be planted. This information should be on the package your bulbs came in, or you can check our plant guide to see if your bulbs is there for more information.
- Gently place your bulbs in each of the holes created by the pitchfork’s tines.
- Fill the hole with dirt and pack down.
Get our latest tips, how-to articles, and instructional videos sent to your inbox.