This beardless, crestless iris produces blooms in midspring that are the color of terra cotta. Quick growing, with long, swordlike foliage, this plant attracts butterflies and hummingbirds, and works well in beds and borders.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsOriginally native to bogs, but will grow in any garden when planted near water.
CarePrefers very moist soil, even water gardens, ponds, streams, or bogs, but can be grown in average garden soil.
ProblemsNo serious insect or disease problems.
- Genus : Iris
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds
- Bloom Time : Early Spring, Late Spring, Spring
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Red
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest