This willow has a lovely matte finish with slender blue-green leaves that are amazingly free of the insect or disease problems so common in other willows.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis plant has a compact habit and slim, deep purple stems that only make a good thing better. Dwarf purple willow is very quick growing when young and will reach a height of 5-6' in two or three years if watered and fertilized.
CareCan easily be kept to a height of 3-5 ft with annual winter pruning to the ground.
- Genus : Salix
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Foliage Color : Bluish-green
- Tolerance : Disease resistant
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Uses : Foliage, Foundation Plantings, Screening/Hedges, Sun
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green
- Bloom Time : Late Spring
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Moist, Well-drained soil
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest