Agastache ‘Summer Breeze’ produces hundreds of 1.5-inch-long translucent, tubular blossoms. The flowers are painted in luscious sunset shades and appear from late spring to frost. In hot weather, peach, champagne, and soft pink are its colors, while in cooler months the flowers darken to pale copper and medium rose. It forms an open, airy, 2- to 3-foot-tall clump, and the upper third of each stem bears a long succession of hummingbird-attracting blooms.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsDrought tolerant.
CareProvide full sun and medium to dry soil. Needs excellent winter drainage to avoid root rot.
PropagationSow seed in spring. Divide plants in summer. Root semi-ripe cuttings in summer. Some plants may need winter protection where not hardy.
ProblemsMildew, rust, and downy mildew.
- Genus : Agastache
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Red, Yellow