A living wreath is a fun and beautiful way to decorate your home with color and texture. In this video, learn the steps for making your own living wreath.
- Box wreath frame
- Small plants or houseplant cuttings
- Sheet moss
- Bucket or tray
- Potting soil
- Green floral wire
Instructions for a living wreath
- Take the plants out of their pots, separate them, and gently remove some of the dirt from their roots.
- Fill a large bucket or tray with water.
- Place the sheet moss in the tray, and let it soak for around 15 minutes.
- Cut and tie a green floral wire hanging loop around the back of the wreath frame.
- Squeeze the moss to remove any excess water.
- Lay the sheet moss underneath the box wreath form.
- Add soil to the frame on top of the sheet moss.
- Pack down the soil.
- Wrap the sheet moss around the soil and the wreath frame.
- Wrap the wire around the moss, spacing the wire about 2 inches apart.
- Make a hole in the moss using a scissor or your fingers.
- Place plant cuttings in the soil.
- Use U-pins to further secure the plants to the wreath.
- Continue placing the plants until the wreath is full.
- Add different-colored moss to fill out the wreath form.
- Once your wreath is complete, give it a good soaking.
- Set the wreath on the table for two to three weeks to let the roots grow.
- Hang the wreath on a door or a wall so that you and others can admire your work.
Lemon button fern (Nephrolepis cordifolia)
Spider plant (Chlorophytum comosum)
Frosty fern (Selaginella kraussiana)
Pink nerve plant (Fittonia albivenis)
White nerve plant (Fittonia verschaffeltii)
Galaxy false aralia (Plerandra elegantissima)
Log in or create an account to post a comment.Sign up Log in