Shrubby cinquefoil is a bushy deciduous shrub growing to 3 feet tall and 5 feet wide that has been bred to include a multitude of cultivars that bear flowers in a large array of colors including white, yellow, pink, peach, orange, and red. The flowers are small, single, and rose-like and appear continuously from late spring to early fall on finely textured , dark green foliage.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained soil in USDA Hardiness Zones 3 to 7. Prune lightly in spring since flowering occurs on new growth.
Propagation Sow seeds in fall or spring, or take softwood cuttings in early summer.
Problems Downy and powdery mildews, rust, and fungal leaf spots can be problems.
- Genus : Potentilla
- Zones : 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, Red, White, Yellow
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest