Anise hyssop has subtle but eye-catching chartreuse foliage. Its powder-blue, long-lasting flowers contrast nicely with its leaves.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis tough plant performs well even in high heat and humidity.
CareSome plants may need winter protection where not hardy.
PropagationSow seed in spring. Divide plants in summer. Root semi-ripe cuttings in summer.
ProblemsMildew, rust, and downy mildew.
- Genus : Agastache
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Fragrant Foliage, Showy Foliage
- Uses : Containers
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest