My Region: Southern Plains
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
The heat will break this month, and so begins our second growing season of the…
Some of my very favorite plants for our region are also the gnarliest, thorniest ones.…
It can be challenging choosing plants for shady areas, but we have a number of…
1. Giant Leopard Plant Name: Farfugium japonicum ‘Giganteum’ (syn. Ligularia tussilaginea ‘Giganteum’) USDA Hardiness Zones:…
1. Yellow Butterfly Vine Name: Mascagnia macroptera USDA hardiness zones: 8 to 11 Size: Climbing…
Troublesome Plant - Grapes (Vitis vinifera cvs.) 1. ‘Regent’ Serviceberry Name: Amelanchier alnifolia ‘Regent’…
Ask any Texas gardener about the summer of 2011 and you are likely to get…
Mention rain gardens, and many folks imagine lush pondside displays. This type of garden, with…
There are many reasons for having a butterfly garden, the simplest one being sheer beauty.…
While monarch butterflies (Danaus plexippus) can be found in most of the United States at…
Southern Plains PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening