My Region: Southern California
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
Most information you find about rose pruning is generic for all growing zones. What everyone…
Two fabulous gardening events are happening in our region in September that I am excited…
Divide native Douglas irises (Iris douglasiana, Zones 5–9). Consider planting some container succulents to brighten…
Southern California Bulbine (Bulbine frutescens and cvs.) USDA Hardiness Zones: 9 to 11 Size:…
Southern California 1. Deer Grass Name: Muhlenbergia rigens Usda Hardiness Zones: 5 to…
1. Pink Knotweed Name: Persicaria capitata USDA hardiness zones: 8 to 9 Size: 3 to…
Fine Gardening's Christine Alexander spoke with Douglas Kent this past spring to learn about landscaping…
Everything I’ve learned about dry-shade gardening has been from experimentation. When my husband and…
Southern California PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening