My Region: South
Articles and Plants Organized by Your Region
Top StoriesView All
Every state in the South is unique. And each Southern state experiences different growing conditions…
There is more to palms than coconuts and tropical islands. The more you get to…
Throw your mums on the compost heap. If you purchased a garden mum (Chrysanthemum spp.…
South 1. ‘Standing Ovation’ Little Bluestem Name: Schizachyrium scoparium ‘Standing Ovation’ Usda Hardiness…
1. Fall-Blooming Camellia Name: Camellia sasanqua Zones: 7–9 Size: 4 to 10 feet tall and…
1. Mountain Laurel Name: Kalmia latifolia and cvs. USDA Hardiness Zones: 5 to 9 Size:…
Seasonal Interest for the South
I love visiting the Pacific Northwest and being inspired by its flora. The climate is…
Late summer in the South is when people really start to take notice of ornamental…
South PlantsView all
- Gomphrena haageana 'Strawberry Fields'
- Sedum rupestre 'Angelina'
- Distylium ‘PIIDIST-V’
- Loropetalum chinense ‘Irodori’
- Colocasia esculenta 'Tropical Storm'
- Lavandula stoechas 'IBPR901-2'
Have a topic to suggest? Email Fine Gardening