This softly textured tender perennial (or annual) produces delicate, loose spires in summer and fall. Diascia is at home spilling onto a walkway or filling in between more structured plants.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsBears loose spikes of pink flowers with yellow-spotted throats and downward pointing spurs.
CareDiascia needs a sunny site and fertile, moist but well-drained soil. Water during dry spells. Shear the spent stems to produce another flush of blooms.
PropagationSow seed when fresh or in early spring; take softwood cuttings in spring or semi-ripe cuttings in summer. Easy to overwinter in a greenhouse.
- Genus : Diascia
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Zones : 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink, Yellow
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
Plant Characteristics are only available to Fine Gardening members
Sign up for a free trial and get instant access to our complete plant guide as well as our entire collection of articles and videos.