A hardworking, compact perennial, ‘Etain’ violet forms well-behaved clumps and blooms from time to time from spring through fall. The attractive, fleshy, bright green foliage needs protection from slugs. -Sylvia Matlock, Regional Picks: Northwest, Fine Gardening issue #127
Noteworthy CharacteristicsBlooms practically all season.
CarePlant in moist, rich, well-drained soil. "Etain' benefits from regular fertilizing, steady watering, and frequent deadheading. Cut back the foliage if it starts to look leggy.
Propagation By division, layering, or cuttings.
- Genus : Viola
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun
- Uses : Ground Covers, Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Yellow