This tough, drought-tolerant species has glossy deep green leaves and, in early summer, half-inch golden yellow flowers that open from pink buds. It grows to about 6 inches tall and a little wider and makes a good groundcover.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLong-lasting, star-like, golden yellow flowers.
CareGrow in well-drained soil of moderate fertility that is neutral to slightly alkaline. Full sun.
PropagationTake stem cuttings or root leaves in early summer. Start seed in fall. Divide in spring.
ProblemsMealybugs, scale insects, slugs, and snails can be problems.
- Genus : Sedum
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Flower Color : Green, Red, Yellow
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Seed Heads
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches