Fragrant white flowers in spring, red fall foliage, and persistent berries for winter interest make Aronia a valuable plant in all seasons.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsSpreads by suckering. Needs space, but can be kept in check. A nice native alternative to burning bush.
CarePrefers full sun to part shade and moist but well-drained soil, but can tolerate most any soil, including boggy. Full sun may produce more fruit.
PropagationRoot softwood cuttings in summer.
ProblemsLeaf spot and rust are common.
- Genus : Aronia
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Showy Fruit
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Spring, Spring
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest
- Flower Color : White