Growing to less than 2 feet tall and wide, ‘Purple Dome’ covers itself with semi-double, deep purple, daisy-like flowers from late summer to midfall. In addition to being mildew resistant, it attracts butterflies. It’s great as a border specimin and as a cut flower.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsMounds of purple flowers with yellow eyes. Great late season butterfly plant.
CareGrow in moist, fertile soil in full sun or partial shade.
PropagationDivision, root or stem cuttings.
ProblemsUsually trouble-free. Mildew resistant.
- Genus : Aster
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Moisture : Adaptable
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Tolerance : Frost Tolerant
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest