Pale yellow, four-inch-long flowers dangle all around the stems of this evergreen, fuchsia look-alike. Given a long enough growing season, it can reach 5 feet tall and as wide. Where not hardy, grow it as a tender perennial.
CareGrow in full sun and fertile, moist but well-drained soil. Can be grown as a tender perennial where not hardy. Otherwise, mulch with a dry material in winter and cut back nearly to the ground in spring.
PropagationStart seeds in a cold frame in spring; take softwood cuttings in late spring.
ProblemsWeevils and capsid bugs may bother plants
- Genus : Phygelius
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 3 to 6 feet
- Zones : 8, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds
- Uses : Containers
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Flower Color : Yellow