The large blooms of this perennial are a spectacular violet-blue with a white throat and darker venation on plants 1 to 2 feet tall and wide. The attractive foliage weaves itself through neighboring plants. Grow in borders, containers, or rock or cottage gardens. 'Rozanne' is most effective en masse.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsA full season of blue-violet blossoms that seem to glow.
CareSite in full sun or partial shade. Tolerant of most well-drained soils, but prefers moderate fertility and a moist soil.
PropagationDivide in spring or fall.
ProblemsHardy geraniums are prone to mildews, bacterial blight, gray mold, and leaf spots. Also watch out for leaf miner and slugs.
- Genus : Geranium
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest