This hardy lavender stands out for its unusually large, dark blue-purple flowers, silvery green foliage, and heavy fragrance. It is often used in perfumes. Growing to 30 inches tall and nearly as wide, ‘Grosso’ has very long flower spikes and blooms from midsummer into autumn. It is especially attractive as an edging.
CareProvide full sun and well-drained, sandy soil. Lavender tolerates drought, but not excessive winter moisture or very high humidity.
ProblemsLeaf spot, root rot.
- Genus : Lavandula
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant, Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers, Fragrant Foliage
- Light : Full Sun
- Plant Type : Herbs
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest