A half-hardy perennial, this sophisticated climber grows to 8 feet tall. It has a profuse show of 1.5-inch indigo, violet, pink, or white flowers. It’s great for the cold greenhouse or conservatory, and will often bloom until the end of the year unless there is a hard frost.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsProfuse and long bloomer. Easy from seed.
CarePrefers fertile, well-drained, sandy soil in full sun or partial shade.
PropagationSow seed at 61°F in early spring, or root tip cuttings in summer. Self-sows.
- Genus : Asarina
- Plant Height : 6 to 10 feet
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Fall, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Type : Vines