A Michelia hybrid, bred in New Zealand by Mark Jury, with beautiful lightly fragrant flowers blushed lilac pink and evergreen dark green foliage. It is ideal as a specimen shrub or as a hedge.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsCompact and bushy growth habits with lush blooms in late winter/early spring.
CareFollow a regular watering schedule during the first growing season to establish a deep, extensive root system.
ProblemsNot usually susceptible to diseases, but can get some leaf spotting in low light levels and if crowded. Information provided by Anthony Tesselaar
- Genus : Michelia
- Zones : 10, 11, 8, 9
- Plant Height : 10 to 15 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 10 feet
- Characteristics : Attracts Bees, Fragrant Flowers, Showy Foliage
- Bloom Time : Early Spring
- Uses : Front Yard
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest