Creeping Jenny is a low-growing, rampant, evergreen groundcover with rounded leaves. In summer, it produces many cup-shaped, bright yellow flowers.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis creeper can withstand damper soils than many other types of ground covers and can tolerate limited foot traffic.
CareGrow in a moist, but well-drained soil, rich in organic matter. Soil should not dry out in summer. Full sun or partial shade, but color is best in full sun.
Propagation Sow seed in containers outdoors in spring. Divide in spring or autumn.
Problems Rust and leaf spot are possible, but generally no serious disease or insect problems. Can be invasive.
- Genus : Lysimachia
- Plant Width : 30 feet or more
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
- Uses : Containers, Ground Covers
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Late Summer, Spring, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium to Wet
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest
- Plant Height : Under 6 inches
- Flower Color : Yellow