This series produces compact plants 1 foot tall and about as wide with large blossoms in pure white and many shades of pink. These season-long performers make fine edging plants.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsExcellent cut flowers that are ideal for a cutting garden, mixed border, or annual border. Loved by butterflies.
CareGrow in full sun and moist but well-drained soil. Deadhead to prolong flowering, and also leave some seeds to self sow. The plants are moderately drought and heat tolerant.
PropagationSow seed in situ in late spring or at 61°F in mid-spring.
ProblemsStem canker, powdery mildew, Rhizoctonia stem rot, gray mold, aphids.
- Genus : Cosmos
- Plant Height : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Uses : Ground Covers
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Characteristics : Self Seeds
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest