This series of annuals produces extra large, cup-shaped blossoms to 3-1/2 inches across in shades of white or pink all summer long.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsThis Mexican native is loved by butterflies. It produces excellent cut flowers and is ideal for a cutting garden, mixed border, or annual border.
CareDeadhead to prolong flowering, but also leave some seeds to self sow. The plants are moderately drought and heat tolerant.
PropagationSow seed in situ in late spring or at 61°F degrees in mid-spring.
ProblemsStem canker, powdery mildew, Rhizoctonia stem rot, gray mold, aphids.
- Genus : Cosmos
- Plant Height : 3 to 6 feet
- Plant Width : 6 to 12 inches
- Plant Type : Annuals
- Tolerance : Drought Tolerant
- Moisture : Dry to Medium
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Fall, Late Summer, Summer
- Growth Rate : Fast
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Moderate
- Flower Color : Pink, White
- Characteristics : Self Seeds
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest