Heuchera make excellent foliage plants for sun to part shade gardens. With its burgundy stems and pale pink flowers, ‘Pink Lipstick’ provides great color to a border.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsClumps or mounds of heart-shaped, boldy veined leaves. The flowers are borne in narrow racemes or panicles and form in late spring and early summer.
CareGrow in fertile, well-drained soil in sun to part shade. The rootstalk tends to grow upwards, so mulch annualy to keep covered. May need to lift and replant with the crown just above the soil.
Propagation Divide clumps in spring.
Problems Foliar nematodes, rust, powdery mildew, and leaf spots.
- Genus : Heuchera
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Uses : Containers, Shade
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Summer, Late Spring, Spring, Summer
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Flower Color : Pink
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Spring Interest