This adaptable coleus will grow in sun or shade. Its reddish pink and burgundy-black leaves are large and pointed. Use ‘Religious Radish’ in a container or as bedding.
CareProvide sun or shade and moist but well-drained soil. Pinch young plants to promote bushiness. Remove flowering stems, if desired, to keep the focus on the foliage.
PropagationColeus are easy to grow from cuttings. Wait to put plants outdoors until spring nights remain above 50°F.
ProblemsGenerally trouble-free, but watch for aphids, mealybugs, and spider mites on overwintered plants indoors.
- Genus : Solenostemon
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 11
- Uses : Containers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Bloom Time : Late Summer, Summer
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Purple/Burgundy
- Characteristics : Showy Foliage
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest