This witch hazel is an upright shrub up to 12 feet tall and wide, with oval, softly hairy, mid-green leaves that turn yellow in autumn. Fragrant flowers are yellow, with crimped petals, appearing on bare branches in mid- and late winter.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsGood specimen, and also effective planted in groups.
CarePrefers moist but well-drained, loamy, acidic to neutral soil in full sun to partial shade.
PropagationGraft cultivars in late winter, or bud in late summer.
ProblemsGall aphids, leaf roller, and scale insects, powdery mildew, leaf spots, and wood rot.
- Genus : Hamamelis
- Plant Height : 10 to 15 feet
- Plant Width : 10 to 15 feet
- Zones : 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Fall Interest
- Characteristics : Fragrant Flowers
- Light : Full Sun to Partial Shade
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Plant Type : Shrubs
- Bloom Time : Winter
- Flower Color : Yellow