This mound of lavender-blue flowers and aromatic, grayish green leaves up to 2 feet tall and 3 feet wide is great as edging or in a border, herb, or rock garden. It is an easy to grow, prolific bloomer that seems to be deer resistant. It blooms the whole summer and tolerates some shade. It also looks great with roses or on walls.
Noteworthy CharacteristicsLavender-blue flowers; aromatic foliage. Attracts bees and butterflies.
CareAdaptable to most any well-drained soil in full sun. Trim after flowering.
PropagationStart seed in a seedbed or cold frame in autumn. Divide in spring or autumn, or take softwood cuttings in early summer.
- Genus : Nepeta
- Plant Height : 1 to 3 feet
- Plant Width : 1 to 3 feet
- Zones : 10, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
- Characteristics : Attracts Hummingbirds, Fragrant Foliage
- Tolerance : Deer Tolerant
- Bloom Time : Early Fall, Early Summer, Late Summer, Summer
- Light : Full Sun
- Maintenance : Low
- Moisture : Medium Moisture
- Growth Rate : Moderate
- Plant Type : Perennials
- Foliage Color : Silver/Grey
- Plant Seasonal Interest : Summer Interest